Table of ContentsDescription and Purpose Theme Subtheme Venue and Date General Rules Registration Competition Format Structure Format Judging Criteria Key Dates Results Prizes Contact Person External Links
Description and Purpose
Innovation Contest is a competition held by IEEE ITB Student Branch to find the best innovation among participants from all around Asia. Innovation must represent an invention that is according to the themes and subthemes specified. Real inventions such as prototypes, systems, products, or platforms are not required. However, they could be presented in front of the judges at the final round for extra scores.
Any undergraduate from Asia may join IEEE Fusion 2019 Innovation Contest. The purpose of this event is to improve the students’ ability to make an up-to-date innovation. Furthermore, this competition can train students to make scientific paper and to present their work to people.
“Technology for Humanity”
Technology is developing rapidly and this is almost unstoppable. Technology development is undeniable due to human needs. Human nature that is never satisfied causes the birth of new technology to solve problems that arise. Indirectly the development of true technology for human life.
Innovation is a form of a process, system or prototype in refining renewable resources (sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves, biomass, plantation, geothermal heat, etc).
Develop new technology and innovation that aims to compete with traditional financial methods in the delivery of financial services.
Build a way using human, intellectual and digital resources in order to influence social processes via social software or social hardware.
Make a health technology application of organized knowledge and skills in the form of devices, procedures and systems developed to solve a health problem and improve the quality of lives.
Build Eco-friendly technology help preserve the environment through energy efficiency and reduction of harmful waste.
Venue and Date
- Venue: Multimedia Room
- Date: Thursday, October 10th, 2019
- Time: 07.30 PM – end (GMT + 7)
Competition Day (Final)
- Venue: Bandung Institut Of Technology
- Date: Friday, October 11th, 2019
- Time: 07.30 PM – end (GMT + 7)
- All participants must still be an undergraduate student of their university until October 2019.
- Participants are in a team, consists of 3 members that are from the same university, one of the members should be the team leader.
- Every participant is only allowed to be on one team.
- The team is not participating in another competition in IEEE Fusion 2019.
- Each campus may send more than 1 representatives.
- Each team may only send one paper
- Participants’ work must be based on the given theme.
- Participants’ work does not contain any elements of plagiarism.
- All submission of the full paper and final presentation materials should be typed, submitted, and presented in formal English.
- Top 10 teams will advance to the final round.
- Product prototypes are not required, but could be presented to the judges at the final round for extra scores.
- The committee may share any information related to participants’ work.
- The decision of the judges and the committee cannot be contested.
- Every participant who violates the rules will be disqualified.
- Any information changes will be notified through the IEEE ITB SB website and official account, also participants’ email.
|Wave||Period||Fee (National)||Fee (International)|
|First||July 15th, 2019 to August 15th, 2019||IDR 150.000||12 USD|
|Second||August 16th, 2019 to
||IDR 200.000||16 USD|
- Participants must create a team account at our website. Registration will be conducted in IEEE ITB SB 2019 website at http://www.ieee-itb-sb.com/register on July 15th, 2019 until, August 31th, 2019 at 23.59 (GMT + 7).
Participants must complete the registration payment and should wait for confirmation from the competition committee. Fees have to be paid to:
- Number: 0820764576
- Bank: BNI
- Person Name: IEEE STUDENT BRANCH
- Paypal Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Paper Submission
Full paper submission will be held:
- July 15th, 2019 to August 15th, 2019 (First wave)
August 16th, 2019 to
september 7st, 2019september 21st, 2019, 2019 (Second wave) september 7st, 2019september 21st, 2019, 2019 at 23.59 (GMT + 7) for second wave here.
Participants must submit the paper soft file to the website with format:
and then submit to our website using team account. After submitting your paper, please verify immediately to our contact person.
- Full paper submission will be held:
Final Phase (Presentation)
- Final round team announcement will be on october 1st, 2019 and will be shared at IEEE ITB SB 2019 official account and sent directly to your leader’s email.
- Participants who are entitled to be the finalists are top 10 teams that have passed the Full Paper stage.
The presentation will be held at Institut Teknologi Bandung, West Java, Indonesia, for 3 days:
- October 10th, 2019: Technical meeting
- October 11th, 2019: Presentation and Exhibition
- October 12th, 2019 : Grand Seminar and Winner Announcement.
- At this stage, each team prepared a presentation for the judges.
- Each team will be given 10 minutes for presentation, 5 minutes for a demo, and 10 minutes for question and answer with the judges.
- Participants present their work to the judges.
The Paper in preliminary phase follow the IEEE Paper Format and Structure can be accessed in our website: http://ieee-itb-sb.com/
Each team presents their work as a presentation with .ppt or .pptx extension.
The assessment will be based on the portion below.
- The idea suits the theme of the competition
- The essay suit IEEE format of writing
- The author's originality in terms of ideas and arguments
- Is it better than any other ideas if it is similar
Argumentation and Feasibility(50%)
- How the idea could solve the problems
- How the idea could be made on a larger scale and its potential to be successful
- How the idea sound realistic
Writing Style (15%)
- Cost efficiency
- Market value of the idea
- Suitability (10%)
Depth of Content(50%)
- Research deals with an important issue in the field of study including goals/motivation questions that provide the audience with a sense of the project’s main idea.
- Information is accurate and questions from the judges can be answered well.
- The ideas are applicable and creative.
- Presentation is clear, logical and organized.
- The material is presented in a logical manner.
- Time management
Presentation (Oral presentation and delivery) (20%)
- Clarity and directness (tone, pace, pronunciation, and volume)
- Eye contact and manners
- Grammar, fluency and word choices
Visualization of the material (10%)
- Neat slides
- Visual materials are easy to read. (ex: graphics and charts)
- Depth of Content(50%)
|1||Open Registration||July 15th, 2019|
|2||First Wave Period||July 15th, 2019 to August 15th, 2019|
|3||Second Wave Period||August 16th, 2019 to
|5||Finalist Announcement||october 1st, 2019|
|6||Technical Meeting||October 10th, 2019|
|7||Final Competition||October 11th, 2019|
|8||Grand Seminar and Winners Announcement||October 12th, 2019|
- The result of full paper submission will be announced at IEEE ITB SB website.
- The result of the competition will be announced at the Grand Seminar.
- Judges’ decisions are final and absolute.
RADHIN - Public Relation Dept.
ABEL - Public Relation Dept.
HARDY - Website Dept.